Pizza in Pala: recipe by Master Pizza Chef Enrico Sgarbossa
Crunchy, light, delicious. Pizza in Pala is something you must try! Enrico Sgarbossa, multi awarded Master Pizza Chef (and owner) at “Al Taglio Pizzeria – Art of Pizza” is going to show us his secrets to make the perfect dough about this type of pizza.
We have been delighted to have him at Euroquip for “La Pizza in Pala Masterclass”. If you have missed it, you must watch this video (recipe):
PIZZA IN PALA RECIPE (PALA ROMANA WITH MIX CIABATTA ROMANA – LE 5 STAGIONI):
BIGA (type of pre-fermentation used in Italian baking) dough – Ingredients:
- Mix Ciabatta Romana 1500g
- Water 900g
- Yeast (dry) 10g
For the dough- 4-6 minutes on the first speed setting in a dough mixer.
Place in a covered bowl and let rest in fridge for 16-24 hours at 4 degrees Celsius.
RINFRESCO (Biga-dough refreshments) – Ingredients:
- BIGA (all)
- Mix Ciabatta Romana 500g
- Yeast (dry) 2.5g
- Water 640g (put it gradually)
- Salt 50g (halfway through the process)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Seeds Oil (towards the end of process)
Method of preparation:
- Knead dough on first speed setting for 4 minutes and then change to second speed setting for another 10 minutes. (times will vary according to spiral mixer used)
- Let rest for 40 minutes at room temperature or until dough has doubled in size.
- Then divide into 500g portions (or to your desired size)
- Let rise for approximately 4 hours at room temperature or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 290c and bake for 4-6 minutes. (depending on oven)
Did you like this video-recipe? Share it with your friends!